NZ Mega 2020 Competitions
What would an NZ Mega event be if there weren't a bunch of fun competitions and prizes to win?!
Pathtag Design Competition
We know you love pathtags and we do too, which is why in partnership with pathtags.com we are running a pathtag design competition at the NZ Mega 2020 event. All you need to do between now and the event is to design and have minted your own pathtag, using the NZ Mega 2020 "Giveback" as the tag back design. You could be in to win some beautiful pathtags plus $50 of PathCash (50USD of value) to put towards your next pathtags order!
- Design and mint your own pathtag design (no minimum quantity of pathtags required beyond the normal starter kit quantity
- Your design must use the NZ Mega 2020 "Giveback" on the back of the tag
- You may incorporate any other special pathtag features or deals as available from pathtags.com (eg. glow, transparent enamals, etc)
- You need to email us with a decent sized jpeg of the design or photo of the tag
- You must provide us with 1 pathtag (your entered pathtag design), which will be included in the prize that will go to the winner (they will receive one of each of the entered pathtags)
- The winning pathtag design will be decided by the attendees of the NZ Mega 2020 event, by popular vote
- You will need to attend the NZ Mega 2020 event in order to win the prize
And it's that simple. So get creative and and start designing some more of those amazing pathtags that we love to spot while out geocaching! Entries to this competition will close shortly before the start of the NZ Mega 2020 event as we will need time to print out the pathtag designs/photos ready for voting at the NZ Mega 2020 event.
The Pathtag Jackpot Jar
Pathtag lovers unite! This is a really easy prize draw that will be running at the NZ Mega 2020 event. Simply bring along some pathtags and drop them into the Pathtag Jackpot Jar. You will get one entry into the draw to win the whole jar and all of the pathtags in it for each pathtag you drop in. One winner, drawn at the NZ Mega 2020 prize giving, will win all of the pathtags along with the jar itself, but you will need to be at the prize giving ceremony to win, or it will be redrawn until a winner is present to take home the amazing collection of pathtags.
How it works...
- One entry into the draw per pathtag dropped into the jar
- You will need to attend the NZ Mega 2020 event and be present at prize-giving to win
Geocaching Photo Competition
Whenever we describe Geocaching to anyone who has never heard of it, one of the first advantages we point out is the chance it gives everyone to visit amazing unique places. Galleries on the Geocaching website are filled with amazing photos taken while Geocaching - beautiful scenery, amazing adventures, and just generally a lot of fun being had!
It's time to showcase those beautiful images. Look through your albums and find your favourite photos taken while Geocaching - those special moments and photos you are particularly proud of. Send them into us and we'll put them on display at our very own NZ Mega 2020 Photo Exhibition - and what's more, you might win a prize! How neat is that?
Without rules we'd live in a world of chaos, so...
- Photos must be submitted in .jpeg format of high enough resolution that they can be printed (we recommend at least 1500 pixels wide and no more than 4MB file size)
- You must email us your photos (one at a time) including with each photo the GC code and name of the cache that the photo was taken in relation to (at or on the way to), and a caption for the photo (see the example above)
- No spoilers unless you have the permission of the geocache owner
- You can enter as many photos as you want (but we reserve the right to limit entries per person if necessary)
- "Scenic", "action", "fun", and "adventure" are the four categories for which we will award first prizes, based on votes at the NZ Mega 2020 event
- You will need to attend the NZ Mega 2020 event in order to be eligible to win
Guess the Guest #1
From 19th to 24th of January we ran a competition for people to guess the identity of a special guest who will be attending the NZ Mega 2020 event and we gave out clues each day up until the day of the announcement. The guest has now been announced so head on over to our facebook page to find out how excited he is to be coming to the event!
This competition is now closed
Congratulations to the winner of this competition who was drawn randomly from all correct entries, geocacher Gazania Rigens who will be attending NZ Mega 2020 all the way from the United Kingdom, and they have won a brand new unactivated Aquarius geocoin.
Mega Xmas Present
A surprise Xmas present for the NZ Mega earlier adopters - we call this the Mega Xmas Present in the New Year!
Basically, if you have registered for the mega event, logged a Will Attend on the event cache page, and purchased your Gold or Silver Supporter Pack by the 31st of January, you will automatically be in the draw for a 1 year Premium Membership subscription at geocaching.com. Merry Xmas everyone!
Even Santa has rules...
- Valid for every individual geocaching username, so long as the following conditions are met
- The username must be fully registered through the registration process on this website (right to the final page)
- The same username must have logged a Will Attend log on the cache page on geocaching.com
- The username must be associated with the purchase of a Gold or Silver Supporter Pack, which must be fully paid for before midnight January 31, 2020
- 1 year of Premium Membership subscription will be applied to the winning user account on geocaching.com and will extend any current subscription by 1 year